Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Piano Hands

It's Slice of Life Tuesday...March 1 is coming right up on Saturday for those who are offering slices of their daily life for the month of March!  Check in today with Two Writing Teachers to see what's up today.
This weekend I got this picture - well, the full sized one that included a father's watchful eyes and a toddler's gleeful face - of my grandson accompanying his dad on a grand piano.
He lightly touches the keys a couple at a time, and the look on his face is priceless.  You can see here, his open hands over the keys and two fingers tapping the keys beneath, two notes at a time.
Already, at (officially) 2 and a half years old, he is hearing the beauty of music and appreciating the delicate sounds that can be produced with a light hand.
How grand is that?

10 comments:

  1. Very grand! What a beautiful vignette to start the morning - good things in small packages!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome slice to share. I wish I would have been exposed to music (especially the piano) at a young age like that. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Music is one of the best gifts for kids - one that will last and enrich their lives. Great photograph!

    ReplyDelete
  4. An adorable picture pinned against your charming note. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is very grand! I hope he continues to hear and to make music throughout his life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A grand baby on a baby grand. How perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Elsie took my words, but this is just a lovely thing to see Donna. I just got some 'soundbites' from my son of Carter's concert that happened today. He loves being in band, and loves his teacher who sounds great. thanks for sharing your wonderful picture.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that photo, what a special moment captured here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great picture! I love the two sets of hands at the piano!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Priceless picture. Note after note the music will grow.

    ReplyDelete

Drop some breadcrumbs! Let me know you were here!

October

Poetry Friday... Go enjoy some great poetry by clicking links on Poetry Friday's host Matt Forrest Esenwine's page : My poem for Oct...