Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Pink Glove Wave


First Lost Glove of 2012

Thank you, kind stranger, for posting this glove
And lending a hand to reunite love.

Hey, look over here!
I'm up on this post.
I know you'll be sad,
'Cause you love me the most.

You've just walked away;
Abandoned me, left.
You know I am right;
You'll soon be bereft.

I'll wait right here
While you go and shop;
I'll keep on waving
These fingers flip-flop.

And when you come out
I'll still be right here
And we'll reunite
Right, glovey, my dear?


©Donna JT Smith, December 4, 2012


6 comments:

  1. Love this! This would be a great creative writing activity for my kids. Ode to Lost Things....

    ReplyDelete
  2. This just made me smile! I am trusting this pretty pink is reunited soon. It is great to see what spills out when we stop to notice and ponder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As much a sign of winter as the first snowfall.
    I agree, what a great writing prompt; and you took that challenge on nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The photograph and the poem made me smile, too. Deb is ri about this being a wonderful writing

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are continually clever with the play on words & the rhythm/rhyme, Donna. This is wonderful, & isn't it great that it's pink!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Donna,
    Thanks for sharing the glove poem-we have tons of lost gloves, mittens, hats, and sweaters in our school-the funny thing that I've noticed -and your poem/picture make me think of is the random way people try to call attention to the lost items-and still no takers...poor things lost-I feel so badly for them!
    I also checked out the link to the other blog post that on the lost gloves-now I will start a collection of pictures of lost items ...
    Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete

Drop some breadcrumbs! Let me know you were here!

The Progressive Poem 2024

If you are here for the 2024 Progressive Poem, you made the trip safely! I will post the AtoZ Challenge poem later. I was going to try to re...