Thursday, December 6, 2012

1350 Words

Hey, doesn't this look like a paper in a typewriter?

Yesterday I started "The Book".  I wrote some more today.  I now have 1350 words (besides the almost 1500 I've written prior to this).  Maybe that isn't many words to a person who has written published books, but it is to me.

I am slowly discovering my characters' characters.  As I write, they are revealing themselves.  Huh.  I'd heard others say that this happens.  I'd just never tried writing them into existence before.

It reminds me of coloring when I was a child.  I imagined that as I colored, things would come to life or become real.  They were just waiting for someone to help them out.  So I colored and all sorts of things could finally be real - grass, sky, animals, trees.

And now I am writing.  And as I write, people just come, and they are real because I wrote them.  Like a coloring page, they were always there, waiting.  But now I've written them into reality.

I can't stop in the middle, or they will be upset with me, I'm sure.  This is a very strange feeling.  I think I like it.

But they will have to wait a bit now until tonight or tomorrow.  I also have real vacuuming to do.

6 comments:

  1. Excellent Donna! Congratulations on getting the creative juices going!

    I'm rootin' for ya!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chris! I know it won't always be like this week was, but hopefully I'll keep on working through it and making time for it.

      Delete
  2. Terrific to hear, Donna. Good going to start. I will look forward to hearing more and more about your process and the characters. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll keep you posted! Hey, I even did some research on one part and had to make changes to my character's age...and a city change. Just like real writing!

      Delete
  3. One step in front of the other! Good for you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reminding me to use one foot at a time. Sometimes I try to jump or fly, but I think slow and steady is going to be the best! I really want to thank you for creating the writing challenge. It has made a difference for me.

      Delete

Drop some breadcrumbs! Let me know you were here!

October

Poetry Friday... Go enjoy some great poetry by clicking links on Poetry Friday's host Matt Forrest Esenwine's page : My poem for Oct...