Monday, May 2, 2011

Fire Day is May 2

The TV that ruined our house - set on back lawn by itself to think about what it did.
Maybe we're supposed to have a fire today.
Or maybe we're not supposed to have a fire today.
I don't know.
But it's National Fire Day.  What can that mean?
Mayhaps we are to support our local fire department, match makers, matchbox cars or fire sprinklers.
Or perhaps we need to fire someone today.
Fire up the grill.
Get all fired up.
Paint something fire engine red.
Light a match under someone.
Visit (or avoid) the Ring of Fire.
Sing Ring of Fire.
Fire off some questions.
Install Firefox.
Or read Foxfire.
Watch the Chicago Fire...the soccer team, that is, not the real flames.
Celebrate fire extinguishers.
Cut down trees around my house to prevent a wildfire from burning it down.
That might be better than the house fire we had a few years back.
Never mind.
I think I'm skipping National Fire Day.
I already observed it for almost a year.
I don't have to celebrate it for the rest of my life.
I'm all caught up.

1 comment:

  1. You raised my curiosity very high with the picture and the small references to a personal fire. The way you moved around that personal experience and wound your way through the National Fire Day topic was creative, and fits beautifully with the personal reference. That last line is the punch line of it all.

    ReplyDelete

Drop some breadcrumbs! Let me know you were here!

October

Poetry Friday... Go enjoy some great poetry by clicking links on Poetry Friday's host Matt Forrest Esenwine's page : My poem for Oct...