Sunday, December 24, 2017

KJV Found - Flourish

My found poem this Sunday, is from Psalm 92: 12-14 in the King James Version of the Holy Bible.  Please enjoy it with me here first.  Then my poem follows with words taken in order from the verse to make a new poem, always attempting to keep the meaning and truth of the Bible intact.


Psalm 92:12-14King James Version (KJV)
12 The righteous shall flourish like the palm tree: he shall grow like a cedar in Lebanon.
13 Those that be planted in the house of the Lord shall flourish in the courts of our God.
14 They shall still bring forth fruit in old age; they shall be fat and flourishing;

Flourish

The righteous 
shall grow
planted
in the house
of God;
In old age
they shall be
flourishing.

by Donna JT Smith, 2017


My word in 2018 for my year-long focus is "FLOURISH".  (So far, anyway - I think it is going to work!)

Have a blessed and joyous Christmas.  If Santa comes to your house tonight, that is truly wonderful.  If Jesus comes, that is the ultimate flourish.  My wish for you is that you flourish this coming year.

Look for and count your blessings.
They surround you.
Rockland's lobster trap and buoy Christmas tree

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I love how you took the words of scripture to weave into your found poem. Love the words "planted in the house of God," a sure recipe for flourishing! Glad you left out the fat word!

    ReplyDelete

Drop some breadcrumbs! Let me know you were here!

October

Poetry Friday... Go enjoy some great poetry by clicking links on Poetry Friday's host Matt Forrest Esenwine's page : My poem for Oct...