Friday, December 25, 2015

A Christmas Card

Our little Christmas tree from our motel Christmas!

 Our inside and outside Christmas trees.  Good ole' Spiny Pine is finally big enough to wear Christmas lights!

Merry Christmas, all!

Were you able to see the full moon tonight?  It won't happen again for over 30 years.  It was so foggy and rainy today that I was sure we would not be able to see it, but just after midnight, when I turned out the lights, I noticed light streaming in my windows.  Sure enough, the fog had lifted and the moon was out big and bright!


I'm posting my Christmas card poem and watercolor today.  I made my cards this year.  I was late - very late - getting them out, but it was fun!

It's Poetry Friday, hosted by Irene Latham at Live Your Poem, where she has been posting The Twelve Days of Kindness!  Her recap is there today to enjoy!
Today for Poetry Friday, I post my Christmas card to you!

I also want to direct you to Silver Birch Press, where my poem "Christmas Storm" was published yesterday!  I hope you can go there and read it.  It really was a special night for our family.


I hope your Christmas day is filled with peace, love, family and friends!

He made the stars also
So many years ago;
One star would light the way
To where our Savior lay.

An angel said a Precious Child
Would be there in the night;
Shepherds trembled at the words
Then traveled by that light

To find the Son of God where He
Lay in the manger lowly,
With parents set in place for Him,
Though He himself was Holy.

Thus a Perfect Plan was born,
Though at a daunting cost;
As sacrificial, perfect lamb,
Christ came to save the lost.

©Donna JT Smith

6 comments:

  1. God surely has twin-blessed you--artist and poet! Thank you for sharing your family Christmas card with your Poetry Friday family! I especially like that you brought the twin realities of Nativity and Good Friday into your Christmas poem. Besides the card, you gifted me in another way earlier this morning. Laziness and indifference led me to thinking I would be content to see an image of the Christmas moon on television. ...Then your enthusiasm and your photo intervened--"Cold moon" warmed my heart, and outside I went to see the sight for myself. Not content with the sight from my house, I quickly dressed and drove to our parish church, which sits upon a hill and sure enough, I got a much better look at the moon. Thank you for your inspiration! In retrospect, I'm sorry I so dismissed a gift from the Creator on the day of the Birth of His Son. Your posts continue to make a difference in my outlooks and perspectives. Merry Mercy Christmas! ...Off now to Christmas Mass..God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna--Your poem Christmas Storm is lovely and beautifully haunting. I can hear those rising notes of O Holy Night trembling in the air and taste the sweetness of shared cookies. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna, your poem is gorgeous! congratulations!!! And thank you for sharing. Our skies were far to cloudy to see the full moon but I love knowing it was up there. Homemade cards are THE BEST! Such love and care -- what a gift! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donna, thank you for sharing your beautiful Christmas poem and card with us. Merry Christmas to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, Donna! And what a sweet little tree :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How lucky that you had a chance to spot the full moon. Merry Christmas (belated!) to you.

    ReplyDelete

Drop some breadcrumbs! Let me know you were here!

October

Poetry Friday... Go enjoy some great poetry by clicking links on Poetry Friday's host Matt Forrest Esenwine's page : My poem for Oct...