Friday, June 6, 2014

Rain, Rain, go away...



It's been raining a lot today (Thursday) and off and on for a bit...so when I sat down to write, it wasn't as difficult to do today as it has been.
Thank you, Rain!

ceaseless Rain
incessant
inconsolable
weather
listen while
I sing
sing a song
of sun
shining
down
and clouds
moving on
as I watch
puddles rising
from the ground
cold
brown
little lakes
revealing recessed
spots in the earth
here’s one
here’s one
and another...
even on a hilltop
cheer up
Rain
you’ve had your cry
dry, dry, dry your eyes
listen Rain
as I sing a refrain
of what goes on in
Spain
and the plain,
and how you can come back
another day
Rain,
listen as I sing
singing in the rain
go away
and I promise
someday
to do a special dance
just for you
a rain dance
to welcome you
back
see
I’ve put my
dancing shoes
right here
by the door
it was nice of
you to visit
but now
here comes the Sun...

*And it worked!  Today (Friday) is gorgeous!  The sun is shining on those bright green very clean leaves!



9 comments:

  1. It is rainy season in Guatemala and I could sing this song every day. So much rain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There you go - the power of great poetry to make the weather obey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can just hear that rain pitter-pattering down with your words. A charming piece, Donna.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delightful. I love the way you brought in lines about rain from songs and chants. That must be the way to placate a shower that has overstayed her welcome.

    Violet N.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just to say that I have been here and read your words, but surgery on both thumbs last Tuesday prevents me from typing a personalized comment. Forgive me -- copy/paste is the best I can do this week! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've missed seeing your lovely words, Donna, & this is terrific. Happy it worked. Now I'd like a reverse poem to bring us rain. We are too dry as usual! Although a few weeks ago we did have some rain. I love all the references-fun to see!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Donna, love how your play on rain pulls from so many different sources! I'm in Colorado with Linda and you can send the rain our way any day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! Glad you got some sunshine. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a great combination of rain songs. Enjoy the sun!

    ReplyDelete

Drop some breadcrumbs! Let me know you were here!

October

Poetry Friday... Go enjoy some great poetry by clicking links on Poetry Friday's host Matt Forrest Esenwine's page : My poem for Oct...