Friday, October 7, 2022

What is a Friend?

Happy Poetry Friday!  I haven't been here for a while, but there is a lull today in my otherwise topsy-turvy momentarily slow to more commonly frenetic life....

Thank you Sarah Grace at Sarah Grace Tuttle for hosting the Poetry Friday today!

Today is the official release of the anthology, What is a Friend? by Sylvia Vardell and Janet Wong.

It's a compilation of poems - an ekphrastic book of black-and-white photos and poems for children ages 8 and up - about being a friend. And I'm excited to have one of mine included!
It's also a fundraiser for the IBBY Children in Crisis Fund: https://www.ibby.org/awards.../ibby-children-in-crisis-fund



 


10 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Donna. I like your poem and I am sure intermediate to mid-schoolers will too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
  2. Donna, congrats on your poem! I feel like Poetry Friday today has been one big celebration of the book. It's been a delight to come to the party, and I can't wait to get a copy. Happy Poetry Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna please email me again as I have some pics to send you thanks StanleydelGozo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woot! Love to see you here and your sweet siblingly poem.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your poem and all of the poems in the anthology are so meaningful! I know this book will become a favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your poem entitled Siblings. I wrote on the same photo but yours is a much better poem. Congratulations! ~ Carol at The Apples in My Orchard on Wordpress ~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! It was lovely to "see" you at PF and to read your poem. What a great celebration of the bonds of siblings that transcend all those superficial differences.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I, too, wrote to that photo, but clearly, yours is the better poem! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So excited to part of this anthology with you! Congrats on your poem!

    ReplyDelete

Drop some breadcrumbs! Let me know you were here!

October

Poetry Friday... Go enjoy some great poetry by clicking links on Poetry Friday's host Matt Forrest Esenwine's page : My poem for Oct...