Thursday, October 4, 2018

Spiritual First Thursday - Humor



Photo by Kah Lok Leong on Unsplash
Humor helps me put things in perspective, and I tend to find myself looking at difficult situations and thinking "This is going to be really funny someday - maybe even later today - or now!".  I found this clip this week, and it is basically how I like to live my life.  Humor instead of drama...



I may even have a slight problem with humor, seeing it where others don't (that may or may not have been a problem in the past...).   Still my heart is generally merry and sees the funny in many things - though I've learned to keep SOME to myself!

Proverbs 17:22 - A merry heart doeth good [like] a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones.

I do love funny - especially the kind that makes me laugh till I cry.  I remember my father laughing so hard he couldn't speak.  It was the same laugh his mother had.  Oh, to again hear that laughter as family stories were told!

I like humor like this:



Have a fun day.  Even if it isn't funny... make it fun!

There is no reason not to laugh
at self and situations;
It's like a tonic for the soul
a mini mind vacation.

by Donna JT Smith, 10/4/2018

I'll bet you will have a good start at it by reading the rest of the Spiritual First Thursday posts with Jan at bookseedstudio!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the mini mind vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love thinking of you and "merry" in the same breath! Thank you for sharing your merry with all of us... I am excited to share that graphic with my husband. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also love your ending, Donna. I love hearing people laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a member of the laugh until you cry club too! Happy memories of those times we laughed until we cried. I love your little poem, laughter as a tonic for the soul.

    ReplyDelete

Drop some breadcrumbs! Let me know you were here!

Q is for Quiet

Good Words Alphabetically: Q is for Quiet   Quiet Quiet now the day is closing Quieter the chipmunks’ mirth Quieted the fox is denning Quiet...