Saturday, October 26, 2013

Another Poem Format to Try

Okay, Joy!  Here goes!  Over at Poetry for Kids Joy, Joy Acey has posted some poems in a particular format.  I have about the same format, but with a non-Halloween bent.  These are fun and challenging.  Try one, but first check out the rest of Joy's to get the format down!

Knocking at my door
Was a Great Horned owl
On his head was a cap
He was wrapped in a towel.

Because I’m just a mouse
I crouched down in a cower,

But he asked me
quite nicely,
"Could I use your shower?"
********************************************
Knocking at my door
was a sticky porcupine;
he used my brand new toothbrush -
made his orange teeth shine.

I didn’t want to rattle him,
I didn’t want to shout;

But I really
wanted Porky
to be on his way out.

©Donna JT Smith, 10/25/2013

Hmmm.  Looks like mine are taking a "bathroom" theme!  I'd better stop before I get to the next fixture.

Hmm.  Too late!
****************************
Knocking at my door
Was a little brown mouse
Why would this tiny rodent
Come to my big house?

He borrowed toilet paper
-didn’t mean to be a pest.

I thought he’d need
some help but
he just rolled it to his nest.

©Donna JT Smith, 10/26/2013

****************************

Shhhh!  Don't tell anyone.  Only the people that get this far will know it is my birthday today.

1 comment:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! My vision is still okay with my glasses.

    Enjoyed the poetry. The first one especially gave me a good laugh.

    Lee
    Check out my interview with viral blogger Liza Long
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete

Drop some breadcrumbs! Let me know you were here!

R is for Rocking

Good Words Alphabetically: R is for Rocking   Words from a Rocking Chair I rock in chair on days of sun And rock until the day is done I ro...