Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!


We've had a few snowstorms lately, and they sure do seem to mess up life and schedules.  So - an observation for consideration from my window:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Our new year may seem
Like a mess to us now
But God’s hand is in it
And He's got a snowplow.
He's tidied the way
And made the path clear
Now all I must do
Is stay on it this year.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Happy 2013!
  
This is my Slice of Life for the first Tuesday of the year.  Thank you Ruth and Stacey for hosting this on your Two Writing Teachers blog.  I have enjoyed almost two years of posting on Slice of Life.  Though I'm retired now, I still enjoy reading of the daily life of teachers. I think like being a doctor or lawyer, when you retire you are still one.  I identify myself as a retired teacher.  Once a teacher, always a teacher.  I've just added things to my repertoire lately that I didn't have time for before!
Wow!  Just checked!  It's my 300th post today!

13 comments:

  1. I love your poem! A mess is sometimes the best place to be. :)
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I guess it kind of goes with my OLW: "Ordered"...
      Happy New Year!

      Delete
  2. Such a pleasure to hear your outlook for the year, Donna. Happiest of snowy days to you on that plow! I actually wish we had some of that moisture out our way. We've had a few inches, but need so much more, especially in the mountain snowpack. Drought coming again, I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Last year all our snow came before Christmas, and then nothing. Hoping for a snowy winter this year. I don't like the wet, heavy stuff we can get here on the coast. It often starts as snow and changes to freezing rain...bad stuff! So far it's just been snowman weather. I'll try to divert some to you!

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on your 300th post! And enjoy the snow! I live in Colorado, like Linda, and we could definitely use a bunch of that white stuff! May this be a year of order! With a few surprises thrown in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes! I do love surprises in the midst of order. I need to put things in order, and follow orders! I have lots I want to accomplish/finish.

      Delete
  4. He does clear those paths for us - and I need to try to stay on it this year, too. The poem is a wonderful reminder of that! I am sorry the snow has changed your plans, but I wish you would send some of it to us here in Tennessee this winter. Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on 300 posts (I'm halfway there)! I need to remember God's hand in the scheme of events when life does not go the way I think it should. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You write the best poems Donna! Staying on God's path cleared by his plow is his challenge to us! Hope you have a wonderful New Year and congrats on 300 posts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will always think of myself as a teacher even if I'm not in the classroom f/t anymore. That's what happens when your profession helps define who you are. It's just the way it is, right?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your poem will help me remember that in the midst of a snow storm mess I do not need to worry because God has the snowplow. Thank you Donna. 300 posts...WOW...well done!

    ReplyDelete

Drop some breadcrumbs! Let me know you were here!

October

Poetry Friday... Go enjoy some great poetry by clicking links on Poetry Friday's host Matt Forrest Esenwine's page : My poem for Oct...