Sunday, September 9, 2018

Happy Anniversary

And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ’s sake hath forgiven you.
Ephesians 4:32
It’s how we’ve run our day to day married life.

It’s Forever

When I married you, 
I did not know -
Could not fathom -
That the years
Would go by so quickly.
I did not know where
years came from 
Nor where they went.
But I had only seen 21 years -
a young girl
so far
And had only known you
for a year when we said “I do” -
“I do take thee
Forever.”
It is almost that now -
I would like to take you
For one more
Forever, please.
This one hasn’t 
been long enough.

By Donna JT Smith, (c) 2018

Happy 46th anniversary, Tim.
It has been a good path, so let’s keep on walking It!

6 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary, Donna and Tim. That is a lot of years, a lot of tough and happy, too. As long as you're together, it makes each day a joy. I love the poem "for one more".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lately it's been tougher it seems, but we are plowing through it! I'd still do it again!

      Delete
  2. Happy Anniversary Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary!
    I know these words come straight from your heart. They reflect my thoughts about my marriage as well. Thanks for these words that hold so much!

    ReplyDelete

Drop some breadcrumbs! Let me know you were here!

October

Poetry Friday... Go enjoy some great poetry by clicking links on Poetry Friday's host Matt Forrest Esenwine's page : My poem for Oct...