Wednesday, May 31, 2023

This Picture Wants to Be a Poem


Margaret Simon has an image on her site, Reflections on the Teche, a photo taken by Taylor Saxena in Madeira, Portugal (this is not that photo, this is mine). As I wrote today, I listened to “Weightless”, finishing in about 4 min. 

away

i see your Near
i sense your Far
a leaf a branch
a shooting star
and all the while
you meditate
in Unknown Space
and can’t relate
the places that
your Mind has gone
but still i watch
for any Dawn 

By Donna JT Smith ©2023 

There are days when I hear his laugh, fleeting and rare, and I remember I was loved.

2 comments:

  1. This is tender poem of love with a beautiful closure, Donna. I mentioned you today in my Poetry Friday blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very touching, it's strange how sudden bursts of remembrance can spark so many feelings. Love the new look of your blog, take care.

    ReplyDelete

Drop some breadcrumbs! Let me know you were here!

October

Poetry Friday... Go enjoy some great poetry by clicking links on Poetry Friday's host Matt Forrest Esenwine's page : My poem for Oct...