Wednesday, April 27, 2022

W is for Wibi and Windmill

It's W Day in the AtoZ Challenge!

It is National Poetry Month, so I am posting a poem a day as I participate in the AtoZ writing challenge.  I will be writing ekphrastic poetry (a poem that was written with inspiration from an image) using a randomly generated image with a randomly generated FAKE word all this month.  

I am using the site: https://randomwordgenerator.com to get both a fake word and random image for the day.  Here's today's image and poem using the FAKE word "wibi":

Wonky Windmill
 
Mangled vanes clunked
In blue sky
Took in soft breeze
flying by;
Four winds wound up
In a knot;
Stagnant, couldn't
swoop or trot.
Wibi wobbled
till it fell;
Wonky windmill
lost its spell!
No more clunking
windmill sound;
Wind is freely
darting 'round!
 
Donna JT Smith ©2022
 

1 comment:

Drop some breadcrumbs! Let me know you were here!

V is for Vibrant

Good Words Alphabetically: V is for Vibrant   I wasn't as taken with the picture.  Wanted an instrument in it, too.  But I liked his eye...