Tuesday, April 26, 2022

V is for Votion and Vortex

It's V Day in the AtoZ Challenge!

It is National Poetry Month, so I am posting a poem a day as I participate in the AtoZ writing challenge.  I will be writing ekphrastic poetry (a poem that was written with inspiration from an image) using a randomly generated image with a randomly generated FAKE word all this month.  

I am using the site: https://randomwordgenerator.com to get both a fake word and random image for the day.  Here's today's image and poem using the FAKE word "votion":


 Vortex

What is this commotion,

Such water erosion?

I have a notion

It's merely the ocean

Displaying emotion

In swirled locomotion,

The whirl of salt potion

Revealing deep votion

and undying devotion

Through vortexing motion.


Donna JT Smith ©2022



No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop some breadcrumbs! Let me know you were here!

S is for Salubrious

Good Words Alphabetically: S is for Salubrious I KNOW you didn’t see this one coming, did you? My husband used to say “And how are you this...