Saturday, April 13, 2019

L is for LV2RID3 #AtoZ Challenge

It is day 13 of National Poetry Month. I am writing poems every day in April.
It is also the month of the AtoZ Challenge, and my 8th year in participating.
Combining the two, I am writing poems based on Maine vanity plates I've spied this past year.
The AtoZ does not have a letter for Sundays, but I will post a non-vanity plate or extra vanity plate poem on that day.

L is for LV2RID3

Live to ride or Love to ride?

I Love to Ride

It started with a hassock,
a cowgirl hat,
a vest;
I giddy-upped and rode all day
till sun set
in the west!
And then came my bike, Daisy,
I stabled
in the shed;
I rode her on the driveway
until I
went to bed.
When I grew up I got a horse -
a real one, then
some more;
I loved to ride across the fields,
down lanes and
on the shore.
Nowadays I live to ride
and go where
I would like,
With motorcycle as my steed -
I love to
ride my bike!

by Donna JT Smith ©2019

8 comments:

  1. nice one Donna - oh L already - I am lagging

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know this one hits me close to home. I grew up loving horses, finally owned some in my early 20's but at age 55 I moved on the motorcycles. Life is good!!

    DB McNicol, author
    Microfiction: Lemonade Stand

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's when I finally got my first horse and started riding. I should have moved on to motorcycles at 55! I waited longer. Who knew I'd like it?

      Delete
  3. This looks like a fun writing challenge. I love how you incorporated interpretations of the license plate words.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donna, this is so clever. I love watching your transition through different modes of "transportation." The motorcycles at the end totally surprised me! I can't imagine moving from the peacefulness of horses to the noisiness of motorcycles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The riding is similar to me - especially the "soft eyes" of riding awareness. I didn't think I would like it either. Waited until I was 67 to try it.

      Delete

Drop some breadcrumbs! Let me know you were here!

October

Poetry Friday... Go enjoy some great poetry by clicking links on Poetry Friday's host Matt Forrest Esenwine's page : My poem for Oct...