Monday, March 6, 2017

Maybe Tomorrow


I am in the middle of writing my poem for the Madness!Poetry tournament today.  I got my word just before 9 pm last night.  Read the word and slept on it.  I got up early and began writing.  I thought I had it.  Then I didn't.  Then I did. Then I didn't.
And then I thought I had it and went to Starbucks with my husband.  I started to fiddle with it, and do some research.  I found things that didn't hold up to scrutiny.  I've canned it.
The music is too loud here.  The conversation is too loud.  The machines are too loud. I need a quiet place, and I don't have it now.  And it is just ever so slightly driving me crazy.  So I may be up late trying to get a new piece.
The moose will be back tomorrow.  I have one more installment at least before I move on.  For now, I am just sitting here biding time until my husband is ready to move on.  Hope he cooks supper.  I need time.  Quiet time.  It doesn't look good for quiet.  I hate when this happens.

15 comments:

  1. Best wishes for your poem, Donna. I know that the Madness starts tomorrow. I'll look for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We got home and my husband went for a walk while I barricaded myself in the bedroom to write a new poem. This one came out a bit more quickly and smoothly so I'm going with it instead of messing with the first one more. I tortured that one! Madness it is indeed!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I'm not sure the words are revealed to the public until tomorrow when the poems go live. Suffice it to say it's not a word I use often! Check out the poems starting to tomorrow. Voting stars around noon ending early Thursday morning. http://madnesspoetry.com/

      Delete
  3. I can feel your frustration! But I am sure you will write wonderful words when all is said and done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouraging words, Leigh Anne! We shall see!!!

      Delete
  4. I know the feeling! the words just don't come sometimes !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finally some words appeared! We'll see how they hold up when I read them again in a bit!

      Delete
  5. Well, I'm glad that even though frustrating, you still found a way to write a poem

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Deb! I got one I like, now we'll see what others think!

      Delete
  6. Heehee! I'm always surprised when people are productive in a Starbucks. It's way too noisy in there to do anything other than visit. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I'm glad I worked on it there or I wouldn't have discovered its flaws. But I certainly couldn't write a new one there today! Sometimes I can disregard the rest of the world, but not today!

      Delete
  7. Hoping your Moose returned and your husband cooked!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your comment with mention of "moose" made me wonder if I ought not call my "muse" my "moose"! My "moose" did return (yay!) and though my husband didn't cook, he happily (or graciously) settled for scraps and leftovers!
      And moose will be back for Tuesday, as the "Submit Poem" has been clicked and I am waiting for voting to open later today (through early morning Thursday).

      Delete
  8. This line made me giggle:
    " it is just ever so slightly driving me crazy."

    ReplyDelete

Drop some breadcrumbs! Let me know you were here!

October

Poetry Friday... Go enjoy some great poetry by clicking links on Poetry Friday's host Matt Forrest Esenwine's page : My poem for Oct...