Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Three Haiku

This morning we woke to the sounds of coyotes on the banks on our island's riverside.  They were loud and close, and it makes me nervous when the dog has to go out.  We make sure she has her training collar on and that the barking has died down before allowing her outside.  If it's dark, before releasing her I also scan the area with a flashlight to see if there are any eyes reflecting back at me.

Frozen island dawn -
Roving brazen coyotes
Rouse slumbering geese

I also heard gunshots, so we may be a little short on coyotes this morning.  That would be a good thing.

******************************************
It sure hurts to land on those winter ice spikes!
Haiku #6:  
 
Slushy, soupy snow
Soaking my feet yesterday -
Frozen spikes today.
 
******************************************
 

There's nothing like a nice thin layer of water on top of ice to make your evening trip into Starbucks exciting!
Haiku #7
Ice-skimmed, smooth sidewalk
Imitates frozen river
Reflecting moonlight.

 *********************************



No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop some breadcrumbs! Let me know you were here!

N is for Nestle

Good Words Alphabetically: N is for Nestle I cannot spend lots of time on these. So some are as good as they get in 30 min and under. BTW, t...