Friday, October 7, 2016

No Poem?

No Time for a Poem

Porridge for breakfast,
Spaghetti-Os for lunch,
Hot dogs and broccoli
For dinner to munch;

Throwing the frisbee,
Endless sweet talk,
Seeing a deer
On a long walk;

Puzzles and cars,
Winnie the Pooh,
Books and paint brushes,
Laughter and glue!

Sorry, I'm busy -
I can't write a poem
For I have my grandkids
Right here in my hoem.

Forgive me for slacking -
Not writing a lot -
There are songs to be sung
and hugs to be caught!

~~~~~~~~~~~*******~~~~~~~~~~*******~~~~~~~~

But I do want to mention - a Woo-hoo!
Nancy Drew Anthology is now available on Amazon in paperback.  My poem, "The Missing Mother's Message" is right in there with other poems from other poets.


10 comments:

  1. Fun poem that practically wrote itself -- love that there's Pooh and porridge and puzzles and paint brushes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice cover on the Nancy Drew anthology!
    Sounds like your grandkids (and you) are having a lot of fun :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet poem celebrating the joy of the every day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know the feeling, but then we just can't help ourselves! There's always time for a poem!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your poem in the anthology! As for your poem-writing, I'm sure you could and do write poems on any subject, as you've proved today by writing about not writing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love "hugs to be caught", & your poem deserves to be somewhere where people can read it and remember what's important!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poem/Hoem -- HA! Classic Donna Smith rhyme!! Have fun with the grands, and congrats on the pub!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ditto to Linda's and Mary Lee's comments! They saved me the bother of retyping. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. boom! And that's how you write a poem, kids!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the anthology. I love your No Time for a Poem. There are days I feel exactly like that.

    ReplyDelete

Drop some breadcrumbs! Let me know you were here!

Q is for Quiet

 Q is for Quiet   Quiet Quiet now the day is closing Quieter the chipmunks’ mirth Quieted the fox is denning Quietness descends to earth Qui...