Monday, June 13, 2016

Bike Week in Laconia

Saturday was a long day of driving in the car behind my two of my favorite people in the world.  If my daughter were there, I'd have to say my three favorite people, but she wasn't there this day.

I spent the day driving while my husband and son each rode their motorcycles up to Laconia, NH, for Bike Week at Weirs Beach. 
Lots of bikes line the streets everywhere this week.
Since my husband hasn't been riding long, after our very long break from biking, he wasn't comfortable yet on his new bike to take a passenger.   So I followed in the "support vehicle".  It ended up being a very nice thing for me, as it was never sunny, and started raining for the trip back home.  I got to stay warm and dry, while the guys braved the elements.  We stopped frequently for cups of coffee, and at one stop I bought them dry gloves to go with their coffee!  Boots and socks would have to wait until we got home, though I contemplated having them pour the water out of their boots and drying them at the gas station hand dryers.
It was a fun day of food, music and shops carrying all sorts of motorcycle paraphernalia.
Check out the two mopeds in the center - decked out like Harleys!
I don't know if I'll ever ride my own bike up there or not.  I enjoy being a passenger.  I remember that took a while getting used to also, so who knows?
I think we are driving up again this Saturday to check out another section of the festivities.  Hopefully the weather will be better!

2 comments:

  1. What new adventures these bikes will take you on! Can't say I'm a motorcycle fan, but I do enjoy reading about your experiences. Hope the weather is better for you on the next trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Had another lesson with my son tonight. He's so good at this teaching thing. I'm getting better at cornering and getting up to an almost reasonable speed. It's less intimidating each day.

      Delete

Drop some breadcrumbs! Let me know you were here!

Q is for Quiet

 Q is for Quiet   Quiet Quiet now the day is closing Quieter the chipmunks’ mirth Quieted the fox is denning Quietness descends to earth Qui...