Saturday, March 5, 2016

For Noah, about Noah, to Noah

It's Saturday and Noah says that it is his turn.
He has requested a poem, a poem for him, about him, to him...an it had better be good.

"I would like a poem.  A good poem."

What should it be about?

"Me."

Of course.  Um, can I use your name in it?

"That would be nice."

 Would you like a funny poem or a serious poem?

"I think if it were about me, it would be serious. Don't you?"

Yes, I suppose it would.

"I will read it when you are done.  Make sure you say something about how sharp my claws are."

Oh, yes, I think I can do that.  I think I have a picture that can illustrate that.

"Illustrate?"

Yes.  I picture that shows how nice and sharp your claws are.

"We will see.  It must show me in a good light.  Just enough scary in it to be imaginable.  They don't need to see my claws, just what they can do."

 Let's see.  How about this one?

"This is not my sharpest claw work. But I do like the waterfall effect I've created here."

So is this one okay?

"Yes.  You may use that one.  Poem?"

Yes, poem.  Let's see what I can come up with.

"Make it a good one.  I'll wait here."

**************************

A Job Well Done

He came into the bathroom
The room was looking neat
He saw a roll of paper
Right beside a seat
He flexed his claws and stretched them
He stood on his back feet
He placed his front ones on it
And said, "This will be sweet."
With a patter, patter, patter
He began to beat
With motions that unraveled
Each little paper sheet
Until he had a mountain
And unrolling was complete.
He couldn't think what else to do
The paper lay in pleats
His job was done, there was no more
It must be time for eats.

For Noah, about Noah, to Noah - by Donna JT Smith
****************************

Done.

"Yes, that will do.  Now about those 'eats'.  Did you see my bowl?  There are only two pieces in it.  Why are there not more?"

Coming.


6 comments:

  1. Your poem honors Noah, I'm certain he is proud. You turned a frustration incident into a celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is funny and clever. The voice is tremendous. The pictures are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love this! So funny and a very nice tribute to that most important family member, Noah.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so smart! I love the expression on his face. The back and forth dialogue is just what I imagine he would sound like.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so smart! I love the expression on his face. The back and forth dialogue is just what I imagine he would sound like.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad to see that Noah still reigns supreme (at least in his mind). You are able to capture so much voice with so few words. What a talent!

    ReplyDelete

Drop some breadcrumbs! Let me know you were here!

October

Poetry Friday... Go enjoy some great poetry by clicking links on Poetry Friday's host Matt Forrest Esenwine's page : My poem for Oct...