Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Z is for Zachary Nathaniel

I can't believe it is over.  I can't believe I did the whole thing.  I can't believe so many of us did the whole thing.  I would like to continue, but I think I have a writing project now to finish.  I will post Tuesdays and Fridays for almost sure.  And either Wednesday or Thursday, if I can swing it.  We will see.  I need just a little break, but not too much.  I at least have to see if I can get something in print.  I said I was going to, but haven't done it yet.  Write Club starts soon!   Aaargh!  Must be ready.  So I really do need to give my brain a change of pace here pretty quick.

The lobster boats are just waking up from their hibernation, and heading back to the water this week.  I got pictures while they were napping - just in time!  It's harder to get pictures when they are on the move.

So Z last lobster boat and poem is here.  First word - yare, a new word for me.  Thanks, rch over at Average Poet for the word yesterday.  I had my poem written, but rewrote and added some to get this word worked in!  I love learning new words!

Yare (yâr)adj.
1. Agile; lively.
2. Nautical Responding easily; maneuverable. Used of a vessel.
"Zachary Nathaniel"

yare little acrobat
a somersaulting clown

I’m a zipper
I’m a skipper
     I’m a zapper
     rather dapper

fast as a train on track
to trapping trips outbound

very snazzy
oh, so jazzy
     not too ritzy
     nor too glitzy

sleek as a denizen
in deepest azure seas

rarely lazy,
might be crazy
     zip and zappin'
     never nappin'

loud as a mighty roar
that causes prey to freeze

I will dazzle
sometimes frazzle
     just the best
     unnerving zest!

cool as an ocean breeze
a zephyr swirling round

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for all the kind words this month.  It has been a fun 26 days!  I hope you will keep in touch with continued visits.  I will try to get around to doing the same!  There are so many good blogs out there, and so little time!  But I'll do my best!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
More of Zee info:

Zoe A. Zanidakis (ZAZ), Monhegan Island’s only woman sea captain and a contestant on Survivor.
Larry Mills  and his son Gary, in 1976, designed and built a steel lobster boat named "Zephyr."

And in case you are coming to Maine this summer:
Here is the schedule for the 2013 Lobster Boat Races in Maine this summer.  You may see some of the lobster boats I've written about this April.  If you get a chance, stop by Maine sometime...the bad part, is you can't easily get here on your way to somewhere else.  You have to come here on purpose. Next stop Canada or the Atlantic Ocean!

16 comments:

  1. You ended with a bang and got a lotta "Z's" in your great poem. Happy to have met you. Continued success with your writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Manzanita! Pushed the limit with the Z on this one! Hope to read you again!

      Delete
  2. I can't believe it's done either! We did it! *high fives*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a fondness for Maine - instigated by Benjamin Franklin Pearce, I suspect - but like Norfolk, where I live, you don't get here by accident. In my case next stop is the North Sea, but then, it's the same principle. Look forward to reading your blog in the future.
    Jemima at Jemima's blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Pearce - I'd forgotten he was supposed to be from Maine. Hope to keep in touch in our blogging worlds!

      Delete
  4. Happy Z Day! Great finish, love the poem. Congratulations!

    Jenny at Choice City Native

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on finishing the Challenge! Thanks for visiting my Blog.
    A month of Blog...

    ReplyDelete
  6. loved this one----i don't know what it is, but you are the second one today that has a post that reminds me of a song--this post reminds me of ---steve miller's "joker"----don't ya love that "rch"-----congrats on a job well done--smooth sailing all the way, donna!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice poem and congratulations on making it to the z!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and congratulations to you, too! I'll have to go back and visit some posts I missed from you now.

      Delete
  8. I'm going to send this on to my colleague-on his way to Maine & directing an LL Bean camp, Donna. Such a wonderful project you've completed. I hope you will get it published!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to try. Maybe I'm supposed to say, yes, I'm going to. That's a bit more positive. Yes, I am going to. Thanks for your words of support!

      Delete

Drop some breadcrumbs! Let me know you were here!

October

Poetry Friday... Go enjoy some great poetry by clicking links on Poetry Friday's host Matt Forrest Esenwine's page : My poem for Oct...