Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Sometimes You Just Have to Go to Sleep

I know it's time for bed when...
- the dog won't wake up when I step over her
- the cat is awake
- my eyes hesitate on the closed part of blinking
- I can't remember a thought for more than three seconds
- thoughts start to vaguely resemble dreams
- my iPad falls
- my head hits the keyboard
- my fingers type fjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj
- brushing my teeth seems too intrusive
- I can convince myself that I will get up and change into my nightgown in a minute
- I wake myself up snoring -
       but I don't snore
          that's not really snoring 
            it's just a noise I hear when I'm  asleep and it makes me wake up to go to bed
- the pillow feels like a cloud
- the bed feels like...well, like a really good place to be

And many of those things have just happened, so I'm going to take the hint!  Good night!
I didn't fall asleep at my Post!

2 comments:

  1. Good work with your list poem. I am only still awake since I am on spring break!

    ReplyDelete

Drop some breadcrumbs! Let me know you were here!

October

Poetry Friday... Go enjoy some great poetry by clicking links on Poetry Friday's host Matt Forrest Esenwine's page : My poem for Oct...