Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Too Hot

                           I'm too hot...

I don't want to vacuum.
I don't want to sort mail.
I don't want to do the laundry.
I don't want to clean the closet.
I don't want to make the bed.
I don't want to cook lunch.
I don't want to do a-n-y-t-h-i-n-g.




                       I'm too hot, but...
I guess I will leisurely do
    almost e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g.
It will just take longer
    with all the lemonade breaks.
The dog and the cat
    don't want me to vacuum though.
They are too hot.
    I will respect their wishes today.

2 comments:

  1. We had family all day on the 4th, we have no air conditioning, and it was 100 degrees. I know hot! But today is better. Hope your day goes as leisurely as you request. Fun post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you were so hot. I know I can't do anything when it's so hot, I liked your use of words. I love that you respect the animals so you won't vaccuum! Yeah right! :o) Thanks for sharing! Happy writing! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Drop some breadcrumbs! Let me know you were here!

October

Poetry Friday... Go enjoy some great poetry by clicking links on Poetry Friday's host Matt Forrest Esenwine's page : My poem for Oct...